An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Spennymoor Town’s media team ahead of the 2021/22 National League North season.
With an off-field set-up and facilities to rival Football League clubs, Moors has fast become a highly regarded and universally renowned force in non-league football.
Working Tuesday to Saturday, the role holder will make the most of their talent for writing, designing and producing content.
As Communications and Content Advisor, the ideal candidate will be tasked with reporting and covering every Moors game home and away.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual with excellent written, media and communication skills to help the club grow its channels and go to the next level.
- Content creation, including: blog posts, features, videos, programme articles and analysis
- Match reporting on all games (home and away).
- Match day social media management.
- Pre and post-game interviews.
- Producing match day highlights packages
- Uploading to the Spennymoor Town website using the CMS.
- Event management assistance.
- Press agentry and building of the club’s network in the media for the new league.
- Liaison with the Vanarama National League North.
- Working closely with the club’s suppliers.
- Ad hoc liaison with the club’s sponsors to ensure their requirements are met through their sponsorship.
- The ability to write effectively and confidently for a range of different purposes, including match reporting, feature writing, news writing, press releases, marketing, social media and online.
- Able to shoot film/photo and use editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro to produce features, interviews and match highlights packages.
- A complete understanding of how to use social media.
- A complete understanding of the media industry and how to work alongside journalists through knowledge of their own requirements.
- A passion for, and in-depth knowledge of, football.
- The successful candidate must drive, or have the ability to travel between GAS’ head office in Seaham to Spennymoor Town’s ground at Spennymoor at will.
- Flexibility of time. The successful candidate will be required to attend every Spennymoor Town match across the country. They will be able to travel on the team coach, so must be able to get to Spennymoor to join the bus.
- The successful candidate will have a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor which will allow them to work closely with other members of staff and interview players/management effectively.
- Ability to use Adobe InDesign and Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Knowledge of non-league football and awareness of Spennymoor Town Football Club.
- Experience of managing a social media account other than their own.
- A flair for design, with previous examples of their work visible online/in print.
- Experience of reporting and analytics, including for websites, social media and campaigns.
Alternatively, send a CV to [email protected].
Applications are open.