4 - 0
Full Time

Leamington FC KO Spennymoor Town KO 19 26 (p) 52 75 76 (p) 84 86 FT


Colby Bishop 26 (p
Kieran Dunbar 84'

Spennymoor Town FC

James Curtis Defender 19'
Joseph Tait Defender 75'
David Foley Forward 86'
Yellow Cards
Red Cards


Spennymoor suffered their heaviest defeat of the season in a game which featured four penalties and a hat-trick from Colby Bishop.

Bishop gave Leamington an undeserved lead midway through the first half when he dispatched a penalty after he had drawn a foul from Jordan Porter.

A crazy ten minute spell after the interval saw Bishop add the home side’s second with a powerful header, before Joe Tait saw two spot-kicks saved by the inspired Tony Breeden in the Leamington net.

Tait was adjudged to have fouled Junior English fifteen minutes from time, resulting in another penalty, which was converted by Bishop for his third of the afternoon.

Kieran Dunbar struck the final nail in Moors’ coffin six minutes from time when he slipped a low shot past Porter following a through ball from Callum Gittings.

Jason Ainsley fielded an unchanged side following last Saturday’s impressive victory over high-flying Harrogate Town, which was unsurprising given the quality of the performance.

In a scrappy opening spell, David Foley had a chance to add to his season’s tally but he opted to try and find Rob Ramshaw after being put through via a fantastic cross-field pass from Glen Taylor.

Foley was involved again as Moors began to stamp their authority on the match. First, Ryan Hall raced down the right and found him, but his shot was well saved by Breeden, then Foley struck a low shot wide of the post from twenty yards out.

Despite Moors’ ever-growing confidence, it was Leamington who took the lead. Tait’s attempted header back to Porter was short, allowing Clarke to nip in and draw contact from Moors’ keeper. The referee pointed to the spot and Bishop kept his composure to give The Brakes the lead.

Moors were almost level immediately, but Taylor could only fire his shot agonisingly wide of the right hand post after being played through, before Ramshaw chested a high ball and forced Breeden into a save on the stroke of half time.

The second half pattern was similar to the first, as Moors raced out of the blocks and began to camp Leamington in their own half. Foley was once again denied by Breeden after James Curtis had played him in down the left flank.

However, it was the lowly home side who doubled their lead against the run of play. A long and high ball was lofted in from Richard Taundry and Bishop was left unmarked to power home a header into the bottom corner despite the best efforts of Porter.

The second goal proved to be a catalyst for Spennymoor as they immediately began to press from the restart, and moments after conceding, Christopher Chantler was fouled by Dunbar in the penalty area.

Tait stepped up, having previously netted all of his penalties this campaign, but saw his powerful effort saved by the body of Breeden, who continued to be a thorn for Moors on a frustrating afternoon.

Minutes later, during a hectic spell in the game, Hall had a golden chance to half the deficit but he couldn’t make contact from Taylor’s cross from a yard out. However, Taylor contested the second ball and was clumsily fouled by Breeden, leading to Moors’ second penalty in a matter of minutes.

Tait once again place the ball on the spot, but Breeden read his decision to go for the opposite corner to his first effort and parried it away.

On an afternoon when Moors missed opportunities that they would normally convert with ease, Foley summed up the poor finishing from the side when he missed the target from six yards with the goal gaping.

Kaine Felix, a persistent threat for the home side, had a great chance to make it three but Porter did well to divert his goal bound effort wide of the post.

But Porter couldn’t keep the scoreline at two for much longer, as, when the referee spotted a pull on English from Tait in the penalty area, Bishop stepped up to complete his personal treble.

Dunbar compiled more more misery on Moors when he finished confidenty after a through ball from Gittings evaded the challenge of Jamie Chandler.

The defeat means Moors drop a place to fifth. They travel to Cleethorpes Town in the FA Trophy next Saturday.


Date Time League Season
18th November 2017 3:00 pm National League North 2017/18


The Phillips 66 Community Stadium
Harbury Ln, Leamington Spa CV34 7BN, UK