4 - 4
Full Time

Spennymoor Town KO FC United of Manchester KO 4 16 22 28 43 45 52 58 71 75 80 80 FT

Spennymoor Town FC

Ryan Hall Midfielder 4', 43'
Robert Ramshaw Midfielder 22'
Glen Taylor Forward 52'

FC United of Manchester

Jordan Fagbola Defender 28'
Connor McCarthy Forward 58', 75'
Craig Lindfield Forward 71'
Matthew Hughes Defender 16'
Zac Corbett Midfielder 45'
Michael Jones Midfielder 80'
  4 4
Clean Sheet
Yellow Cards
Red Cards


Spennymoor were forced to settle for a point after squandering a three goal lead at home to a spirited FC United of Manchester side.

Glen Taylor’s sublime strike early in the second half put Moors 4-1 up, only for FC United to mount a comeback that looked unlikely given their lack of threat in the first half.

In what was Moors’ first game at The Brewery Field in 41 days, Jason Ainsley made two alterations to the side that lost at Stockport County a fortnight ago, brining in Andrew Johnson and Mark Anderson for Jamie Chandler and David Foley.

Moors made the perfect start when Ryan Hall capitalised on a tame back pass from Tom Walker before rounding Lloyd Allinson and slotting into an empty net.

Ryan Hall opens the scoring for Moors after four minutes.

The early goal acted as a springboard for Moors as they stamped their authority on the game, and they doubled their lead when Rob Ramshaw netted his third goal in five games, neatly finishing after a pinpoint pass from Matthew Dixon.

Despite barely threatening Shane Bland in a one-sided first period, FC United pulled a goal back when Jordan Fagbola looped a header over Moors’ keeper after a long ball upfield from Joel Senior.

However, it wasn’t long till Moors restored their two-goal cushion. Hall was first to a pass down the right, and after beating his man, he fizzed a shot which Allinson failed to hold, with the ball squirming over the line.

Rob Ramshaw doubles Moors’ lead midway through the first half.

Taylor extended Spennymoor’s advantage seven minutes into the second half with the goal of the game. After a neat exchange with Mark Anderson, Moors’ top scorer hammered a shot in via the post.

With the game seemingly out of reach for FC United, they game themselves a glimmer of hope when Connor McCarthy pulled one back, heading in at the back post after a cross evaded a cluster of Moors defenders.

As the momentum of the game began to change, the visitors took control of the contest and soon broke through to score their third. Senior slipped a neat ball through to Craig Lindfield who’s fierce shot was too hot for Bland to handle.

At this stage, Moors found themselves camped in their own half, and FC United’s efforts were rewarded when McCarthy side footed in at the back post following another cross from the left.

James Curtis almost won it for Moors on a dramatic afternoon, but his header was somehow tipped over the bar from Allinson.

Spennymoor travel to Blyth Spartans on Boxing Day.



Date Time League Season
23rd December 2017 3:00 pm National League North 2017/18


The Brewery Field
156 Wood Vue, Spennymoor DL16 6RH, UK