4 - 1
Full Time


Three second-half goals condemned Moors to a first defeat in nine league games against a Brackley side who took advantage of James Curtis’ first half dismissal.

James Armson netted twice in the second period after seeing his first half penalty stopped by the superb Matt Gould, with a goal from Daniel Nti sandwiched in between.

Mark Anderson’s seventh goal of the season had given Jason Ainsley’s side a 10th minute lead, but Connor Hall’s powerful close range strike levelled proceedings four minutes later.

Ainsley named the same side that thumped Ashton United 5-0 a week ago, and his side began where they left off at The Brewery Field.

It took just ten minutes for Anderson, who has been in imperious form since breaking back into the first team three weeks ago, to score for the seventh time this season.

Rob Ramshaw and Stephen Brogan linked up down the right before the latter crossed to Glen Taylor, who’s header was poorly cleared to the feet of Anderson.

The midfielder, six yards out, couldn’t miss and calmly slotted past Danny Lewis. But, the lead was to last for just four minutes as Brackley profited from a scramble in the area following a corner.

Nti won the initial header, and when the ball landed at the feet of Connor Hall six yards out, he hammered the ball past Gould.

A competitive contest between two sides who have genuine play-off aspirations was in the balance until a frantic five minute spell just after the hour mark.

First, the home side were awarded a penalty after a tussle in the area between Shane Henry and a Brackley attacker, with the referee adjudging the Moors defender to have hauled down his opponent.

Armson, who had previously scored seven times for Brackley before the game, saw his penalty superbly stopped by the diving Gould to keep the scoreline level.

However, the drama was to continue in the aftermath as Curtis picked up two yellow cards in the space of two minutes, transforming the game and ultimately determining the outcome of the afternoon.

Moors survived a barrage of pressure to go in at half time on level terms, but were once again thankful for Gould, who tipped Shane Byrne’s long range effort around the post seconds after the restart.

With the home side smelling blood, they broke Moors’ resistance seven minutes into the second half, and it was Armson who made amends for his penalty miss, firing in low from six yards.

Gould was called upon several times in an unsurprisingly one-sided 45 minutes, saving well from Shaun Jeffers, Armson and Byrne, but the third goal which was threatening to arrive for most of the half arrived twenty minutes from time.

Jeffers did the groundwork, holding the ball up under severe pressure from Kris Thackray, before teeing up the unmarked Nti who slotted into the bottom corner.

Armson netted his ninth goal of the season two minutes from time to apply the final nail in the coffin.

The result ends Moors’ eight game unbeaten run and sees them drop to fourth in the National League North.


1Danny Lewis Goalkeeper
2Shepard Murombedzi 14 Defender
3Connor Franklin 15 Defender
4Shane Byrne Midfielder 22'
5Connor Hall Defender 14'
6Gareth Dean Defender
7Glenn Walker Midfielder
8James Armson Midfielder 52', 88'
9Daniel Nti Forward 72'
10Shaun Jeffers 12 Forward
11Adam Walker Midfielder 31'
12Matt Lowe 10 Midfielder 90'
14Ellis Myles 2 Defender
15Luke Fairlamb 3 Midfielder
16Lee Ndlovu Forward
17Mark Noon Midfielder
  4 4


1Matthew Gould Goalkeeper
2Jake Hibbs Midfielder
3Stephen Brogan 14 Defender
4Jamie Chandler Midfielder 33'
6James Curtis Defender 31', 32'
8Shane Henry Midfielder
9Glen Taylor Forward 57'
10Robert Ramshaw Midfielder
11Mark Anderson 15 Midfielder 10'
14Ryan Hall 3 Midfielder
15Andrew Johnson 11 Midfielder
16Adam Boyes Forward
  1 5 1
Clean Sheet
Yellow Cards
Red Cards


Club1st Half2nd HalfGoalsOutcome


Date Time Competition Season Attendance
20th October 2018 3:00 pm National League North 2018/19 447


St.James Park
53 Churchill Way, Brackley NN13 7EJ, UK

Past Meetings

CNG Stadium

St.James Park