0 - 3
Full Time



Spennymoor bounced back from their FA Cup exit last week to record a memorable victory against Hereford on their first ever visit to Edgar Street.

The game exploded into life after the twenty minute mark and was effectively transformed in the space of three minutes, as Callum Sainty was given a straight red card shortly after Mark Anderson’s superb opener.

Glen Taylor doubled the scoreline two minutes before the break with a cool finish, before Adam Boyes rounded off a comfortable afternoon with a close range finish four minutes from time.

Jason Ainsley made one change from the side who were beaten by Witton Albion in the FA Cup a week ago, with Anderson replacing Andrew Johnson.

Hereford, who began the day on the back of a remarkable comeback win at Truro City on Wednesday night, started brightly, but Moors almost caught them on the break before Kieran Thomas stopped the run of Shaun Tuton.

After an uneventful opening twenty minute spell, the game came to life when Anderson expertly finished off a simple move. Matt Gould’s long free kick was flicked on by Taylor, and when the ball dropped to the midfielder, he struck a crisp shot into the bottom corner past Martin Horsell.

With the home side still trying to recover from falling behind, they made their task even harder when Sainty lunged into a challenge with Tuton, giving the referee no option but to show a straight red card.

As Hereford attempted to adjust to life with 10 men, Moors took control of the contest and began to dominate possession, and they scored a killer goal just before the interval to take the game away from the home side.

Anderson was the architect, sliding a precise through ball to Taylor who swept a low shot past Horsell.

The second half was more about Spenymoor’s superb game management more than anything, with goal action at a premium, but Johnson and Tuton both had half chances to increase the advantage.

Hereford struggled to create throughout the afternoon and came closest when substitute Marlon Jackson almost got on the end of a cross late in the game.

The last word went to Boyes, who has made a habit of scoring from the bench, when he added the icing on the cake to a superb all round showing. Johnson did the hard work, beating his man before sliding a low cross to the striker who tapped in from close range.

The result means Spennymoor are now the leagues in-form side following Chorley’s goalless draw with Chester, winning five of their last six National League North fixtures.


1Martin Horsell Goalkeeper
2Keiran Thomas Defender
3Danny Greenslade Defender
4Harvey Smith Defender
5Callum Sainty Midfielder 23'
6Jordan Cullinane-Liburd Defender
7Eliot Richards Midfielder
8Mike McGrath Midfielder
9Harry White Forward 70'
10Jamie Bird Midfielder
11Lewis Hall Midfielder
12Marlon Jackson Midfielder
15Jordan Lam Goalkeeper
16Tom Harrison Midfielder
17Ryan Green Defender
  1 1


1Matthew Gould Goalkeeper
2Jake Hibbs Midfielder
3Stephen Brogan Defender
4Jamie Chandler Midfielder
6James Curtis Defender
8Shane Henry Midfielder
9Glen Taylor Forward 43'
10Robert Ramshaw 14 Midfielder
11Mark Anderson 16 Midfielder 21'
14Andrew Johnson 10 Midfielder
16Adam Boyes 11 Forward 86'
  3 2
Clean Sheet
Yellow Cards
Red Cards


Club1st Half2nd HalfGoalsOutcome


Date Time Competition Season Attendance
29th September 2018 3:00 pm National League North 2018/19 2159


Edgar Street
8 Edgar St, Hereford HR4 9YJ, UK