8 - 2
Full Time


A clinical first half display, which saw Adam Boyes fire in a hat-trick, eased Spennymoor into the First Round of the FA Trophy after initially falling behind on two separate occasions.

Boyes’ three efforts were accompanied by first half efforts from Rob Ramshaw, Glen Taylor and Shaun Tuton during a relentless and ruthless performance.

A subdued second half was concluded with two further goals, as Kieran Morris put through his own net before Ramshaw capped off the scoring with a low strike from the edge of the area.

Jason Ainsley made three changes to the side who earned a well fought point at Guiseley a week previously, with the suspended Stephen Brogan being replaced by Shane Henry at left back.

There was a minutes silence before the game for Armistice.

Kris Thackray dropped to the bench and Mark Anderson was unavailable, so Boyes partnered Glen Taylor upfront with Tuton taking his place on the right wing.

The visitors drew first blood in a first half which saw eight goals scored, and it was Yeltz captain Danny Bragoli who diverted Jack Kelly’s cross in from close range.

That lead lasted just three minutes as Boyes began his scoring act, sliding past Gregory after good work from Andrew Johnson, but Halesowen responded and retook the lead when Lewis Reilly drilled in past Matt Gould.

But, the home side hit back with two goals in two minutes. Ramshaw flicked over Gregory to level the score line before Boyes clinically side footed in from 12 yards.

The striker, who started a game for just the second time since August, completed his first half treble after he tapped in from a yard after good work by Shane Henry.

Adam Boyes after scoring his second of the game.

Glen Taylor headed in at the back post before Tuton grabbed his first goal for the club to make it 6-2 at the break.

In an understandably more subdued second half Ainsley used the opportunity to give some of the squad’s fringe players some minutes, with the likes of Callum Williams and Ryan Hall being introduced.

Loan signing Alex Kempster was brought on around the hour mark for Taylor and should have been awarded a penalty when he was taken down in the area seconds after entering the action, but the referee bizarrely waved away the appeal.

The seventh Spennymoor goal didn’t arrive until five minutes from time when Morris diverted into his own from a teasing Johnson cross.

The Halesowen defender capped off a terrible few personal minutes by lunging in on Kempster just two minutes later, with the referee having no alternative but to send off the centre back.

Ramshaw slid in his second to finish off the rout and make it 8-2 and send Moors through to the First Round of the FA Trophy.

Moors will find out their opponents for the next round on Monday. The tie is set to be played Saturday 16th December.

Ramshaw loops in his first of the game with a deft finish.


1Matthew Gould Goalkeeper
2Jake Hibbs Midfielder
3Shane Henry Midfielder
4Jamie Chandler 12 Midfielder
6James Curtis Defender
8Robert Ramshaw Midfielder 20'
9Glen Taylor 16 Forward 42'
10Adam Boyes Forward 10', 24', 38'
11Andrew Johnson Midfielder
14Ryan Hall 7 Midfielder

Halesowen Town

1Cameron Gregory Goalkeeper
2Bradley Lewis 12 Defender 53'
3Jack Kelly Defender
4Jack Rea 14 Midfielder
5Kieran Morris Defender 87'
6Asa Charlton Defender 59'
7Ivor Lawton Midfielder 82'
8Daniel Bragoli Midfielder 7'
9Lee Hughes Forward
10Lewis Reilly Forward 18'
11Dean Hankshaw Forward
14Joab Wheatley 4 Defender
12Roland Agbor 2 Forward 56'
15Dominic Hill Forward
  2 4 1 1
Clean Sheet
Yellow Cards
Red Cards


Club1st Half2nd HalfGoalsOutcome
Halesowen Town202Loss


Date Time Competition Season Attendance
24th November 2018 3:00 pm Buildbase FA Trophy 2018/19 502


The Brewery Field
156 Wood Vue, Spennymoor DL16 6RH, UK