Spennymoor Town are looking to hire a part-time Bookkeeper as the club continues to make giant strides behind the scenes.
With the recent appointment of a new Board of Directors, the Club is progressing beyond the pitch and now requires a dedicated finance person, on a part time basis (c21-24 hours – days to be negotiated).
This person will assume responsibility for the day to day production of financial information including consolidated monthly management accounts submitted to the Finance Director, and full Board.
We are looking for someone willingly to adopt a wide variety of financial tasks from the most basic of invoice management, through to some elements of cash flow management and forecasting. Plus, they must have a proven track record in bookkeeping/assistant accountant roles, coupled with a “can do” flexible attitude and a commitment to the believe and ambitions of the Club.
Duties will include (but not limited to);
- To manage, expedite and control the purchase ledger function
- To complete payment runs in agreement with the Finance Director
- To manage the sales ledger function, which can be seasonal, including credit control
- Control of all banking and associated reconciliations (weekly, and adhoc)
- Petty cash management, and reconciliation and reporting of all of cash transactions
- Payroll – both weekly and monthly – currently outsourced, but full understanding for reconciliation purposes is required
- VAT returns
- Management of the fixed asset register, in conjunction with the Finance Director
- Production of 3 sets of monthly management accounts for the Club, and associated companies.
- All relevant journal posting
- Consolidation of the individual accounts
- Prepare the accounts to a level where a P&L can be realised easily
- Cash flow forecasting as and when required
- To review and evaluate current process, and to offer improvements where possible
As with all employees within the Club, the successful person will be expected to understand and commit to the ambitions and impact the Club makes within the local community and be happy to offer themselves as an ambassador for the Club’s activity beyond the pitch.
Our perfect candidate will have more than 5 years experience in fulfilling a similar role within bookkeeping/assistant accountant, with knowledge and skills in using Sage Line 50. Ideally the candidate will have an AAT qualification, or similar, and the perfect person will be passionate about football, but this obviously isn’t a prerequisite!
This position is an integral part of our Club’s activity, managing the Club’s day to day finances. The person will be highly numerate and show dedication, commitment and be able to work under pressure. Similarly, proven communications skills are imperative as the role will involve contact with the Club’s Board of Directors, plus other stakeholders and the wider community. Flexibility is necessary in relation to hours of work, and the specifics would be negotiated at interview.
Salary will be negotiated on an individual basis, relative to experience and skills.
Location – ideally to be based in the offices of a sister company; Great Annual Savings in Seaham