Spennymoor Town is offering the right candidate a fantastic route into the business of sport. The club is looking for an enthusiastic individual who lives for football to become the lynchpin of the club’s media offering.
The role holder will love producing football content to feed the club’s many communications channels, including social media, Youtube, website, programmes, marketing literature and more.
The club is looking for a passionate individual who wants to build an exciting career with a fast-paced football club. This will be the club’s main media and communications contact, reporting into a Group Marketing and Communications Manager who works across the portfolio of the owner’s businesses.
The role holder should be experienced in sports reporting and creating high performing content at a fast pace.
If you’re interested in becoming the latest talent to join STFC’s off-the-field team, this is an opening not to be missed.
- Content creation, including: blog posts, features, videos, programme articles and analysis
- Running of the club’s communications channels, including social media, email marketing and more
- Match reporting on all games (home and away)
- Match day social media
- Pre and post-game interviews
- Producing match day highlights packages
- Updating the Spennymoor Town FC website
- A key role in event management
- Effective liaison with sponsors to deliver media-related elements of sponsorship packages
- The number one requirement is a desire to learn and develop skills, with a can-do attitude and excellent work ethic
- Experience of sports reporting and either a related qualification or at least one year of successful experience in a related role
- The ability to write effectively and confidently for a range of different purposes
- Able to use a DSLR camera effectively with photography/videography and video editing skills
- An understanding of how to use social media for sports reporting
- A passion for football
- The successful candidate must drive, or have the ability to travel between Spennymoor Town’s ground and the Group’s head office at Spectrum Business Park, Seaham, where they will be based for part of the week
- Flexibility of time. The successful candidate will need to be present at every STFC match and their working hours will be molded accordingly to allow this
- The successful candidate will have a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor, which will allow them to work closely with other members of staff and interview players/management effectively
- Knowledge specifically of non-league football and awareness of Spennymoor Town Football Club
- Experience of managing a social media account other than their own
- A flair for design, with previous examples of their work visible online/in print
- Experience of reporting and digital marketing analytics, including for websites, social media and campaigns
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected].