Moors Under-18s Out Of FA Youth Cup

Moors Under-18s bowed out of the FA Youth Cup on Tuesday night as they were beaten 4-2 by Chester-le-Street United at The Brewery Field.

Shane Gavin’s side certainly gave a good account of themselves and took an early lead before the visitors took control before the break and clinched their place in the next round.

The night began well when with just ten minutes on the clock, Riley Mouat found space on the left side of the penalty area, and he finished neatly across the keeper and into the bottom corner to give Moors a 1-0 advantage.

It could have even been 2-0 not long afterwards when Jacob Mallinson got in behind the visiting defence, but he was denied by a fine save from the Chester-le-Street keeper.

The away side were back on level terms ten minutes before half time when Ben Lawton was allowed to travel with the ball to the edge of the box, from where he curled a low shot into the bottom corner.

And United then moved in front for the first time in the final minute of the opening period as Kymani Severin’s deflected strike from 25 yards wrongfooted Theo Webster in the Moors goal and flew into the corner of the net.

Chester-le-Street took a huge stride towards victory seven minutes into the second half when Dan Walton lifted a free-kick over the wall from 22 yards which went in via the inside of the left-hand post for 3-1.

Moors rallied through and gave themselves some hope of a comeback when they raided effectively down the right and a low ball across found Harry Stewart at the far post and he gleefully rifled into the roof of the net.

However, the visitors made their win safe five minutes from time when Lawton cut inside dangerously from the left before bending a wonderful shot into the far top corner.

Full Time: Moors 2 Chester-le-Street United 4

Moors: Webster, Chapman, Kelly, Goddard, Cook, Bushby, Bondarenko, Atkinson, Mouat, Mallinson, Naylor.
Subs: Barron, Rose, Bayat, Butler, Houlahan, Pyle, Stewart.

Referee: Darren Eaton

Attendance: 138

Share this post