Report: Moors 3 Rushall Olympic 0

Glen Taylor and Will Harris continued their lethal strike partnership as Rushall Olympic were put to the sword by another effective performance from Moors at The Brewery Field.

The front pair have now plundered an impressive 16 goals between them in all competitions, with Harris among the front runners in National League North having already hit the net eight times.

It was Taylor who got the ball rolling on Saturday when his thunderbolt free-kick in first half stoppage time illuminated a scrappy opening 45 minutes which had been affected by a swirling wind.

The visitors had given as good as they got during that first half and could have been in front had Ronan Maher not rushed his effort over the bar when well-placed on the left of the penalty area.

Liam McDonald’s visitors also started brightly in the second period, but things changed on 51 minutes when they were ruthlessly picked off at the other end. Jordan Brown played his backpass to keeper Jacob Weaver short and Harris was on it in a flash, producing a wonderful bit of skill to dance around the helpless keeper and walk the ball into the empty net for 2-0.

Moors took full control after that. Harris was sent through on goal again and unselfishly tried to square the ball for Corey McKeown, but it flashed across the Moors man’s path and The Pics survived.

There was another scare for the visitors when the tireless Rob Ramshaw drove away into space down the right to cross low for Harris, but he stabbed his shot just wide on the stretch.

Harris then did have the ball in the net after great work from Taylor, but the offside flag cut short the celebrations, before Taylor himself then cut inside to fire a low effort on goal which was excellently saved by Weaver.

Rushall were struggling to contain the Moors attack and Harris could have scored again 83 minutes when he got through again and rounded the keeper, only for his effort to this time be cleared off the line by a recovering defender.

It was 3-0 a minute later though. Again, Lewis Dickman’s side flooded forward to cause problems for their visitors and Taylor jinked his way across the box from the right before ramming a wonderful finish into the bottom left corner of the net.

Moors should probably have had a fourth not long after when first substitute Connor Shanks was denied by a brilliant Weaver save before Taylor’s effort from the rebound was blocked by a defender.

Full Time: Moors 3 Rushall Olympic 0

Moors: Montgomery, Ferguson (Ledger 63), Curtis, Pollock, Staunton, Ross, Ramshaw, Fielding, McKeown (Shanks 63), Taylor, Harris.
Subs not used: Mbeka, Gallacher, Doherty.

Rushall Olympic: Weaver, Green, Brown, Whittall, Hudson, Masidi, Tonks, Moore, Mantom, Maher, Carvalho-Landell.
Subs not used: Clarke, Coyle.

Booked: Carvalho-Landell (11), Fletcher (81)

Referee: Shaun Taylor

Attendance: 1,157

Share this post