Report: King’s Lynn Town 0 Moors 1

Moors bounced back from their midweek disappointment in fine style as Will Harris’ first half goal ensured a first ever away victory at King’s Lynn Town on Saturday afternoon.

The front man pounced to bundle the ball home after great work from Rob Ramshaw with just 15 minutes gone at The Walks and Moors put their bodies on the line for the remainder of the contest to clinch a wonderful win on the road.

Earlier, the Club had confirmed that boss Lewis Dickman had undergone emergency surgery after being diagnosed with an enflamed appendix – and afterwards, Assistant Manager Andy Inness dedicated the three points to Dickman.

Moors showed three changes from the side which lost at home to Curzon Ashton on Tuesday with Jay Glover handed his full debut, while Reece Staunton returned from injury and Corey McKeown earned a recall.

And it was Moors who began the brighter. They were knocking the ball around with authority in the opening stages as The Linnets struggled to get a foothold on their own turf.

Moors made good on their positive start with a quarter-hour on the clock. Ramshaw worked hard to charge down an attempted clearance on the edge of the box before charging on to the loose ball and playing to across to Harris who managed to force it over the line from close-range.

Ramshaw himself could have doubled the lead not long afterwards when he brilliantly pulled the ball down 25 yards from goal before letting fly with a shot which flashed just wide of the upright with home keeper Paul Jones looking anxious.

Jones was left exposed again on 29 minutes when Glen Taylor bullied his way through the hesitant home rearguard to fire a low shot on goal which was excellently turned round the post by the home stopper.

King’s Lynn responded well and should have levelled two minutes later. The dangerous Ben Stephens drove to the byline on the left before drilling a ball across goal which Jack Smith somehow failed to volley home from a yard out, his effort inexplicably dropping away from goal and to safety.

Taylor dragged a left-foot shot wide after wonderful build-up play involving Ramshaw and Harris, before Kyle McFadden headed off-target when meeting a corner for the hosts.

There was a key moment in first half injury time when Linnets wing-back Kian Ronan escaped clean though on goal down the right and looked certain to level things up, only for Michael Roxburgh – continuing in goal due to an injury to James Montgomery – pulled off a big save to block.

Stephens volleyed wide from just inside the box at the start of the second period before Roxburgh helped a dipping free-kick from the attacker over the bar.

Taylor came close to doubling Moors’ advantage with a trademark thunderous free-kick from 25 yards which was superbly pushed round the post by Jones.

Moors had Keenan Ferguson to thank in the final minute as a long throw from the right was flicked goalwards by forward Bartosz Cybulski and his looping header looked set to drop into the net at the far post before a fantastic last-gasp intervention on the line from Ferguson.

Full Time: King’s Lynn Town 0 Moors 1

King’s Lynn Town: P Jones, Ronan, McFadden, Coulson (Oke 26), Crowther, W Jones, Hargreaves, Morrison, Smith (Rogers 64), Stephens (Fatadgo 85), Cybulski.
Subs not used: Isaacson, Key.

Moors: Roxburgh, Ferguson, Mbeka, Hockenhull, Staunton, McKeown, Glover (Fielding 88), Greenfield (Ross 68), Ramshaw, Taylor, Harris.
Subs not used: Montgomery, Curtis.

Booked: Glover (72), Taylor (77)

Referee: Luis Griffiths

Share this post