Report: Moors 0 Brackley Town 1

Moors suffered defeat in Graeme Lee’s first game in charge as boss as Morgan Roberts’ first half goal was enough to clinch three points for Brackley Town at The Brewery Field.

Roberts pounced with just 15 minutes gone to fire home from close range after The Saints’ deep corner from the left had been headed back on goal by Cosmas Matwasa.

Moors enjoyed the lion’s share of the possession during the remainder of the opening period and came agonisingly close to levelling when Connor Shanks teed up Danny Greenfield on the edge of the box only for his shot to crash back off the base of the post.

Lee’s men continued to probe for an opening but the Brackley defence – well marshalled by the experienced Gareth Dean – proved a tough nut to crack.

The visitors almost extended their lead in the early part of the second half when Matwasa’s deep cross picked out Connor Hall, but his downward header was blocked by James Montgomery.

At the other end, Michael Ledger got on the end of a corner but couldn’t generate enough power with his header to trouble Brackley keeper Danny Lewis as Moors continued to press.

Mark Anderson came off the bench and almost scored an equaliser when Rob Ramshaw escaped down the left before turning the ball inside to Anderson whose curling shot from the left edge of the area dropped just wide of the far post.

Moors now immediately turn their focus to midweek action back on home soil as Scarborough Athletic form the opposition at The Brewery Field.

Full Time: Moors 0 Brackley Town 1

Moors: Montgomery, Mbeka, Pollock, Ledger, Ferguson, Ramshaw, Greenfield (Anderson 64), Ross, Staunton, Harris (Ilesanmi 73), Shanks (McKeown 85).
Subs not used: Curtis, Fielding.

Brackley Town: Lewis, Lyttle, Dean, Gudger, Calder, Matwasa, Murombedzi, O’Sullivan, Roberts, Hall, Newton.
Subs not used: Bates, Carline, Turner, Worby.

Booked: Murombedzi (79), Matwasa (83), O’Sullivan (90)

Referee: Gareth Thomas

Attendance: 1,042

Share this post