Spennymoor Town Supporters Club currently has 136 members and continues to grow year by year. There are currently 14 Junior members, as well as nine members based in Oregan, USA.
The club get together for a meeting before the first home game of every month at The Moors Tavern.
Interested in joining the Supporters Club? Email [email protected] or phone 01388 816417.
Alternatively, get in touch via our social media channels:
LATEST MEETING | 7th September 2019
- Minutes from the meeting held on 10th August 2019 were read and accepted as a true record.
- The Treasurers Report:-
- The SC funds at the last meeting was £9555.78
- New Members £299.50
- Scratch cards £165.00
- Lottery (5 weeks) £90.00
- Total income £554.50
- Members Draw – Tony Hughes £10.00
- Total Expenditure: £10.00
- SC funds now stand at £10,110.28
- NB. This total includes £5000.00 worth of premium bonds.
The meeting agreed to the suggestion of buying a seat plaque for Herb Six.
The Christmas Draw date was set for 30th November 2019. Paul Coombes donated a £30.00 voucher for the Club Shop as a prize.
Dan Newall asked the meeting if it would possible to purchase a speaker for use on the away coach. It was agreed to pay up to £100.00.
For anyone interested in the Quiz night, it will be held in The Victoria on 4th October.
The Members Draw prize was increased to £20.00p
Update on Ground improvements.
Work behind the top goal should be finished in the next few weeks.
The stand should be in place by mid October.
The Tees Crescent turnstiles will be installed when the heavy vehicles no longer require access to the ground.
CCTV has been installed and the PA system has been improved.
New floodlights have been installed.
The Clubhouse will be run by STFC in conjunction with LWC and will be completed by the end of September. Initially, the Clubhouse will only be open on match days. The official opening will be on the 26th October 2019.
Jonny Cope, who was Communications Manager at the Stadium of Light, was introduced to the meeting.
It was confirmed that STFC have been given use of the school ground, free of charge, for match day parking. Anyone using the car park will be asked for a donation.
Ian Hubbard must contact Compass by 12 noon on Thursday to order the coach for the away game. He needs anyone interested in going to the away match to confirm their seat before 5pm in Wednesday.
- It was pointed out that the bus to Farsley was not adequate, it was a school bus.
- The meeting agreed to purchase more premium bonds, as long as we keep at least £2000.00 available in the bank.
- Members were reminded that their lottery payments must be kept up to date. Anyone wanting to pay, please contact John Magill or any committee member or leave it behind the bar.
- The members draw was won by D. Clayton. Our first £20.00 winner.
Next meeting will be held on 26th October at 12 noon in The Moors Tavern.