Spennymoor Town Supporters Club currently has 136 members and continues to grow year by year. There are currently 14 Junior members, as well as nine members based in Oregan, USA.
The club get together for a meeting before the first home game of every month at The Moors Tavern.
Interested in joining the Supporters Club? Email [email protected] or phone 01388 816417.
Alternatively, get in touch via our social media channels:
LATEST MEETING | 26th October 2019
- Minutes from the meeting held on 8th September 2019 were read and accepted as a true record.
- The Treasurers Report:-
- The SC funds at the last meeting was £10,110.28
- New Members £142.50
- Scratch cards £278.00
- Lottery £54.00
- Goal Buster £82.00
- Donation from S.T.C. (J. Marr) £50.00
- Donation from quiz team £10.00
- Members from Oregon £80.00
- Win on premium bonds £25.00
- Total income £721.50
- Members Draw £20.00
- Nets and corner flags £415.84
- Printing raffle tickets £33.48
- Cost of speaker (away coach) £99.99
- Total Expenditure: £569.31
- SC funds now stand at £10,262.47
- NB. This total includes £7,500.00 worth of premium bonds.
- A talk-in has been arranged for 28th February 2020 at 8pm (hopefully in the new club house) by DAVE THOMAS. Tickets £3.50 to include a pie and peas supper, entertainment by Stenna, and a raffle. It is hoped to have a signed STFC shirt for auction and all proceeds will go to “Guide dogs for the Blind”. Dave has recently had a book published and signed copies will be available on the night for £10.00. A local butcher is providing the pies at a discount and the SC agreed to pay half of the cost with the FC paying the other half.
- Jonny Cope to talk to Ian Elloway about dates for the Christmas party.
- Peter Storey explained how the away buses were running at a loss of approx £100 per bus and asked for suggestions as to how we could reduce it. He is not asking for an increase in the bus fares just wants the SC to be aware that at the moment the deficit is approx £2400. It was proposed and agreed that a sub committee be formed to discuss this and come up with ideas. Volunteers for the sub committee are: Ian Elloway, Ernie Hamer, Harry Tolley, John Magill, Paul Rockett, Alan Gregson, Dezzie Ward, Angie Turner and Darren Clayton.
Alcohol on buses was mentioned and it was pointed out that at the level of football we play it is not illegal to have alcohol on buses but it will be if we are promoted. It was proposed that we have someone police the buses and David Harrison volunteered for one bus.
- Members draw was won by Connie Wailes.
Next meeting will be held on 30th November at 12 noon in The Moors Tavern.