Report: Moors 3 Gloucester City 0

Moors got back to winning ways in style as they blew Gloucester City away with a second half super show at The Brewery Field on Saturday afternoon.

A tight first half was punctuated by few clear-cut chances, but Jason Ainsley’s men came out firing at the start of the second period and scored twice inside seven minutes to take full control.

Dylan Boyle scored his first goal for the Club to set the ball rolling, Glen Taylor converted from close-range to double the lead and Mark Anderson came off the bench to settle the issue three minutes from time.

Jason Ainsley made three changes to his starting line-up as Finn Cousin-Dawson returned from suspension, Michael Ledger was back from injury and Elliot Forbes was drafted into midfield.

The visitors were almost gifted a goal in the opening minute as some hesitation at the back allowed Jake Andrews in down the left but he dragged his shot across goal and wide.

Moors assumed control and enjoyed the greater share of possession, but it wasn’t until first half injury time that they tested visiting keeper Brandon Hall who made an excellent point blank save from Rob Ramshaw after Paul Blackett’s shot had fallen kindly at his feet.

However, Ainsley men made up for lost time at the start of the second half as they tore into their opponents from the off. They got their reward on 47 minutes when the ball came out to Dylan Boyle on the edge of the box and he showed great composure to jink inside onto his right foot and drill a clinical finish into the net.

A second goal wasn’t long in arriving as John Lufudu, who ran riot at times down the right, drove to the byline and delivered a perfect ball across to Glen Taylor who gleefully rammed home from close range.

Gloucester were struggling to clear their heads and Moors could have been further ahead had goals from Cousin-Dawson and Ramshaw both been ruled out for offside.

Blackett also had a great chance to open his account for the Club when he collected a ball forward on the thigh and drove toward goal only to see his low finish flash just the wrong side of the post.

The Tigers attempted to fightback but Moors backline was looking in no mood to concede and the victory was secured on 87 minutes when Lufudu again got into space on the right of the penalty area to pick out Anderson who’s shot took a deflection on its way in.

It was a comprehensive and deserved win for Moors and the perfect platform for a couple of away assignments to come at Chorley and Peterborough Sports.

Full Time: Moors 3 Gloucester City 0

Moors: Bellagambi, Lufudu, Cousin-Dawson, Curtis, Ledger, Kendall, Boyle, Ramshaw, (Greenfield 90), Forbes, Blackett (Anderson 71), Taylor.
Subs not used: Flatters, Cummings, Preston.

Booked: Ledger (44), Lufudu (79), Curtis (90), Greenfield (90).

Gloucester City: Hall, Leadbitter (Evans 89), Eweka, Morgan, Nugent, Tiensia, Owers, Buse, Andrews (Barnes-Homer), McHale, McClure (Tomlinson 79).
Subs not used: Hill, Jones.

Referee: Richard Aspinall

Attendance: 1,064

Share this post