Report: Bishop’s Stortford 0 Moors 1

Rob Ramshaw stabbed home a dramatic, last-gasp winner at Bishop’s Stortford as Moors continued their recent upturn in form with a fourth victory in six games.

It looked like Graeme Lee’s men were going to have to settle for a share of the spoils as four minutes of second half injury time ticked away at the end of a scrappy encounter.

However, Danny Greenfield’s corner squirmed from the grasp of Blues keeper Jack Giddens, and Ramshaw was in the right place at the right time to bundle the ball home to pinch three points.

Graeme Lee handed Will Harris a start in attack in place of the injured Mika Ndjoli, while Michael Ledger was preferred in defence as Ben Pollock was left on the bench after turning his ankle at the weekend. New signing Isaac Fletcher – who joined the Club on a permanent deal on Tuesday – was named among the substitutes.

A tricky pitch made life difficult for both teams, but Moors could have grabbed an early lead when Ramshaw drove a low shot on goal which was held by Giddens.

Will Harris had a half-chance following a scramble in the area, which was saved, before Jack Thomas drove an effort just wide for the home side at the other end.

There was an early blow for Moors when Reece Staunton came off with a tight hamstring, meaning Pollock had to be introduced with just 17 minutes on the clock.

Harris almost scored a screamer just after the half-hour when he struck Matty Dolan’s ball over the top first time, but his vicious looping volley dropped just wide of the far post.

There was a moment of drama at the start of the second half when Ramshaw picked the pocket of a defender and ran on goal, only to be upended by Giddens as he stormed from his area. The referee chose only a yellow card as punishment.

Ramshaw then turned provider to send Corey McKeown through down the left, but the winger couldn’t mark his 50th appearance for the Club with a goal as centre-back Harry Beadle got back in the nick of time.

Aaron Greene was causing problems for Bishop’s Stortford down the left and his low cross into the area almost paved the way for the opening goal but for Michael Ledger’s timely intervention.

Harris saw another effort curl just wide from the edge of the area, while McKeown nodded an effort over after Greenfield’s cross had deflected into his path.

Moors had a glorious chance as injury-time ticked away when Ramshaw lifted the ball across for Harris, but Giddens got out quickly to block the ball behind for a corner.

And when Greenfield hung it into the box, the home keeper failed to gather and that allowed Ramshaw his moment in front of the travelling fans as he prodded home from inside the six-yard area to win the points.

Full Time: Bishop’s Stortford 0 Moors 1

Bishop’s Stortford: Giddens, Olufemi, Robbins, Beadle, Akolbire, Thomas (McGregor 85), Kassarate, Foxley, Walker (Crichlow 77), Greene (Godfrinne 72), Charles.
Subs not used: Messaoudin, Alexander.

Booked: Giddens (52), Walker (67)

Moors: James, Lufudu, Mbeka, Ledger, Staunton (Pollock 17), Shrimpton (Fletcher 60), Dolan, McKeown (Chimalilo 82), Ramshaw, Greenfield, Harris.
Subs not used: Fielding, Shanks.

Booked: Lufudu (56), Greenfield (59)

Referee: Eugene Robinson

Attendance: 235

Share this post